Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wii are unfit...and I'm really unfit

We are unfit...as a country and especially the African-American culture. On April 24, 2010 I woke up listening to two doctors on the radio discuss obesity in the African-American culture.  I don't know what they said about men, but at that moment they were discussing women.  The African-American culture embraces "thickness" and curves, but has that lead to an overuse of those words and an excuse for poor health?

I've always been unhappy with my weight. I can't remember a day that I haven't thought about my weight.  I can best describe my weight throughout my life by the label on my clothes: pretty plus, juniors plus, woman's plus...you see the trend.

I decided to challenge myself to maintain a blog and to improve my healthness level (yes I know it's not a word but fitness just seemed to not capture the truth of my challenge). From the title you can guess this journey will include the Wii Fit, but also videos, books, and other technology to aid me on this journey.

I will confess that I purchased the Wii Fit two weeks ago and I'm just taking it out the box.  I honestly wasn't sure if I could afford it, so I kept it in the box in case i needed to return it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment